Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Time to get back to work



Class resumes today after a long semester break. I always feel excited about teaching new students and new subjects . This semester , I was given a new subject which I have never taught before – ELT 3722. Great. Some changes will do me good I think. I do miss my PIP classes though. I’m sure my successor, Madam Chia will be an excellent coordinator for PIP. So this semester, I am teaching all the DECOM students, semester 3 and 4. In terms of language, these students are not that bad, their English are quite good so basically I just need to do merely ‘polishing up’ work. That is one reason why I miss teaching PIP – in PIP, the lecturers need to do much more – not merely ‘polishing up’ work. The students are rather , sorry to say, weak but the satisfaction of teaching is there ..well sometimes, not to forget the frustration is sometimes there too .. when the students, upon attended your classes have shown some improvements .. some could make it and manage to enroll in the DECOM course! What a lovely feeling. At that time you are not sure whether you are proud of your students or you’re proud of yourself. I just hope upon completion of this semester, I’ll manage to ‘feel good’ with myself. I hope my students will benefit and appreciate having me as their lecturer. I know they will if I do my job well. And that is just what I intend to do . InsyaAllah.

No comments: